The NY Times published a pretty legit article this AM entitled "Is My Broker Legit?"
They mentioned a couple of quick hits:
- Make sure the broker is licensed
- Expect a contract
- Google them
- Get a referral
- An agent asking for cash is a red flag
But you all know that this is just the beginning. Don't stop there. You'll also want to know:
- Have they worked in the neighborhood before?
- Do they have experience in that price range?
- What was the last property they bought or sold that was similar?
- Do they know neighborhood pricing trends?
- Are they currently representing clients similar to you?
A home purchase or sale is a big deal - don't stop with the easy questions.
Need some more advice? Check out our free guide 5 Questions You MUST Ask Your Agent.